On December 13, 2017, Synacor Inc announced the launch of Zimbra 8.8. The entire Synacor Zimbra family deserve congratulations for getting to this moment – it’s been a huge undertaking. Zimbra 8.8 is a seminal release which marks an exciting new dawn for Zimbra.
I was honoured to be asked to provide a quote for the official press release:
“For 11 years, In-Tuition Networks Ltd has supported Synacor’s Zimbra product because it offers excellent features, reliability and security for our customers along with the lowest TCO of any commercial email solution. The enhanced functionality will allow us to offer even greater value and to launch innovative offerings. This upgrade highlights the steps Synacor is taking to make Zimbra the best solution in the market,” said Marc Gadsdon, CEO In-Tuition Networks Ltd, a Gold-level Zimbra Business Services Provider and a leading Zimbra Partner in EMEA.
Below are some of the other highlights outlined by Synacor:
“Users who purchase or update to Zimbra 8.8 will enjoy the following features and benefits:
- Zimbra Chat: Peer-to-peer text chat is now included in all versions of Zimbra 8.8.
- Zimbra Drive: Zimbra Drive allows users to host and manage file storage, synchronization, and sharing.
- Real-Time Backup: This is the first solution in the market that natively enables real-time backup allowing customers to reduce server space required for back-up by up to 50 percent.
- Enhanced ActiveSync: With updated mobile and desktop syncing services, customers can access all Zimbra functionality seamlessly across devices.
- Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM): The improved HSM allows enables customers to save up to 50 percent on storage space.
- Delegated Admin: Zimbra 8.8 has a new-and-improved Delegated Admin module. Customers can create a delegated admin in minutes allowing hosting providers and large enterprises to decentralize core admin functions while protecting platform stability and security.”
Read the whole press release on Synacor here: http://investor.synacor.com/investor-relations/press-releases/press-release-details/2017/Synacor-Launches-Enhancements-to-Zimbra-Communications-and-Collaboration-Suite/default.aspx
Checkout the full feature list here: https://www.zimbra.com/email-server-software/
Read the background story (from my trip to Zimbra Commit in March 2017) about why I think this is such an important release: https://www.in-tuition.net/zimbra-commit-march-2017/
Posted on December 14th, 2017 and last modified on December 14th, 2017.