In-Tuition is able to register .uk domain names by special request only.
To register a domain name
Please use the contact form with details of the domain name you wish to register along with your customer number. We will use the contact details we have on file to register the domain for you. If you wish us to use alternative details, please provide them. A member of our team will aim to make contact with you within 2 hours with further instructions and with details of how to pay.
Terms and Conditions
When renewing or registering a domain name with us, you are agreeing to:
- In-Tuition’s terms and conditions: available from our control panel after you have logged in
- and also to Nominet’s domain name registration Terms and Conditions: https://www.nominet.uk/uk-domains/policies/
Domain name charges and other information
- Domain names registered with Nominet (the .UK registry) are £7.50 for two years.
- Registrations are made initially for a minimum of a 2 year term. You may request a longer initial registration period.
- We only register domain names for customers with an account in good standing with us. We will register (or renew) a domain name, we will invoice you for it at the beginning of the month following when we registered or renewed it.
- We imposes no termination or transfer away charges. Although if you ask us to advise you on how to transfer your domains to another provider we will charge you our standard consultancy rates.
Renewing domain names
All domains are automatically renewed by us for two years. We do not ordinarily send reminder emails about domain name renewals. Instead, we automatically renew all domain names 1 day before their expiry dates. We do this to ensure that our customers never inadvertently lose a valuable domain name due to oversight or accident.
If you do not wish to renew a domain please make sure you contact us a minimum of 5 days before your domain expires by emailing support.
Any communication we have with you about your domain name will be by email to the Account Users we have listed in our control panel. It is the registrant’s responsibility to make sure their contact details are up to date. We take no responsibility if your domain renewal fails due to your contact details being incorrect.
Expiring domain names
If you do not renew your domain before its expiry date you will have up to 30 days (protected period) after to renew the domain name at the original renewal fee.
After 30 days your domain will be suspended and will go into a 60 day grace period which you can still renew your domain name but with an additional redemption fee of £100 + VAT. This must be requested by email before the 80th day after your domain has expired, after 90 days your domain will be cancelled and deleted from the register and made available for resale through a third party registrar. We will not guarantee the renewal of a domain name.